Last Updated 2/10/20201
* MedChi has done some vetting of these resources, but we urge all practices to do their own due diligence on researching their options. Some companies are providing discounts to our members but we are not receiving royalties. All companies are American-based/American-made.
MedChi Members Eligible For 5% OFF PPE Through Unique Group Buying Program
MedChi has now collaborated with ActionPPE.org and 30+ other medical associations on a group buying program for medical professionals to purchase PPE at a discounted rate. The inventory includes Honeywell H910 Plus N95 Respirators, gloves, gowns, face shields, and hand sanitizer. Orders may be places here: https://actionppe.org/3/medchi/ and be sure to use our member discount code: MEDCHI-SAVE5.
For Project N95's FAQ, please click here.
The American Medical Association (AMA) partnered with Project N95 (a not-for-profit, National COVID-19 Clearinghouse) to make personal protective equipment (PPE) available exclusively to its members. Starting June 22, AMA members receive a series of three emails which describe the program. Members sign in using their AMA Sign In username and password and complete the Registration Form to express an interest in ordering PPE shown below.
- Makrite 9500 N95 surgical respirator; size S
- Makrite 9500 N95 surgical respirator; size M/L
- Disposable Isolation gown
All AMA member orders will be aggregated and shipped no later than August 26, via UPS ground. Gowns may start shipping as early as August 17. Members receive email and text order status and shipping confirmation notices.
Project N95 has written policies on order cancellations, refunds, and handling of damaged goods. See attached Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) for those and other details about the program and order process.
This pilot program has specific deadlines for registration, orders, and shipping, which are summarized below.
- Registration: Last date to submit registration form (July 10, 3:00 PM, CST)
- Orders: Last date to submit an order (August 1, 3:00 PM, CST)
- Cancel Order: Last date to cancel order (August 2 – open timeframe)
- Shipping: Orders shipped by date (August 26 – open timeframe)
For this program, AMA and Project N95 established the purchasing business guidelines shown below in order to support as many members as are interested in participating.
- 1 box of Surgical N95 Respirator (20 masks) or 1 bag of Isolation Gowns (15 gowns)
- Surgical N95 Respirator, Size S & Standard (M/L): 50 boxes (20 masks/box) – 1000 masks
- Isolation Gowns: 66 bags (15 gowns/bags) – 990 gowns
Questions about this collaboration should be directed to Kristen Tinney at email@example.com.
Gowns & Scrubs: Critical PPE Program
HandCraft Linen and Uniform Services is collaborating with Montgomery County Medical Society & MedChi to provide isolation gowns and other critical linen-based PPE to practices. Discounts are available for all MedChi members. Click here to learn more.
Benefits of the Program:
- Handcraft can put a gown in your practice for 57-62 cents compared to $4.00 for a paper gown.
- Helps stabilize your PPE supply chain: PPE on hand is a component of certification to the state for reopening.
- Discounts for MCMS & all MedChi members
- Meets all CDC Requirements
- Delivered in OSHA-approved method
- Gowns Available in 2-4 Weeks
- Saves the environment by reducing single use waste