Chesapeake Regional Information System for our Patients (CRISP)
CRISP is Maryland’s Statewide Health Information Exchange (HIE). An HIE is the technology that supports the flow of health information among physician practices, hospital labs, radiology centers, and other health care institutions. HIE allows delivery of the right health information to the right place at the right time, providing safer, more timely, efficient, patient-centered care.
CRISP offers many services to physicians including the following:
- Encounter Notification System (ENS) – Keeping You Connected to Your Patients - CRISP is now offering a service which enables physicians to receive real-time alerts when a patient is hospitalized. The service is offered in partnership with all Maryland hospitals at no cost to ambulatory providers.
- Connect to the CRISP Portal - Connect. Share. Improve Patient Care.
- CRISP Direct Messaging - CRISP DIRECT Messaging is a secure and encrypted email service that supports electronic communication between physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and other healthcare providers.
- Prescription Drug Monitoring Program (PDMP) – The PDMP monitors the prescribing and dispensing of drugs that contain controlled dangerous substances (CDS).
Please contact MedChi Network Services for assistance with signing up for any of the FREE CRISP Services for Physicians.
Medicare CCLF Data Available Through CRISP
In support of state-wide Care Redesign initiatives, CRISP is making available the Medicare Claim and Claim Line Feed (CCLF) data to Maryland hospitals. CCLF data contain Medicare fee-for-service beneficiary claims for Maryland residents with a hospitalization within the past three years. The data contains Parts A, B and D claims including demographics, diagnoses, services received and payments. Hospitals that signed up for the first performance period of the HCIP and CCIP Care Redesign Programs will be able to see both summary and patient identifiable data. Those hospitals that did not sign up for the first performance period will still be able to see summary level data, but not identifiable data.
Accessing the CRISP Medicare CCLF Data
Beginning on September 27th, you may access the CRISP Medicare CCLF data through the CRS Portal at https://reports.crisphealth.org
. After logging in, you will see a new card named 'Medicare CCLF Data.' Click on this card to open the suite of Medicare CCLF Reports.
Navigating the CRISP Medicare CCLF Data
CRISP will be holding educational webinars on the following dates and times to demonstrate the reports and answer questions. The webinars will cover the same information, so you can select one that is convenient for you. Click on the session date to register:
- Friday, September 29th: 10:00-11:30am
- Monday, October 2nd: 10:00-11:30am
- Thursday, October 5th: 10:00-11:30am
CRISP will also be making available a comprehensive Medicare CCLF User Guide. If you have other questions or feedback, do not hesitate to reach out to CRISP at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CRS Product Release Summary
Below is a recap of CRISP Reporting Services Products that have been updated August 2017
- Readmission Reports - Posted RY19 Readmission Reports with CY17 July Prelim Casemix data
- MHAC Reports - Posted RY19 MHAC Reports with CY17 July Prelim Casemix data
- Transfer Reports - Posted RY19 Transfer Reports with CY17 July Prelim Casemix data
- PAU Reports - Posted PAU Reports with CY17 July Prelim Casemix data
- EID Summary Reports - Posted EID Summary Reports with July Prelim Casemix data
* Reports updated this month contain CY17 Jan-Mar Final, Apr-June Prelim + July Prelim data. Next month’s reports will contain CY17 Jan-Jun Final + July-Aug Prelim data and are scheduled to be released in early October.
** All Casemix-based Tableau reports have been updated with July Prelim data.
*** All reports are available on the CRS Portal at https://reports.crisphealth.org for authorized users only.
New Functionality & Enhancements - August 2017
- Regional Partnership Analytic File is now available. This file is available to Regional Partnership Project Managers and contains aggregate hospital utilization metrics (Visits, Charges, Readmissions, PAU) at the zip code and Partnership levels for CY17; the file will be updated monthly. The file is intended to track utilization for patients residing in Regional Partnership zip codes. Technical specifications are also available.
- CRS Bulletin Board is now live! The Bulletin Board contains detailed report notes, report delays, and other pertinent information for end users. This information is also shared in a weekly detailed email update for those that opt-in. To sign up for the weekly detailed email update, please contact email@example.com with your request. Access the Bulletin Board in the upper right-hand corner, next to the Feedback link after you have logged in to the CRS Portal.
- Executive Dashboard labels revised for clarity and ease of use.
- PaTH Report ethnicity filters added.
Other Notes - August 2017
- CY17Q1 Final Market Shift Reports - reports are delayed due to additional data validation needed. Final Reports will be published shortly.
- QBR/Mortality - SAS code with RY19 QBR/Mortality logic is now available. Technical Documentation will be published shortly.
- Demographic Adjustment - Technical Documentation for Demographic Adjustment reports is now available. SAS code will be published shortly.