Last Updated: January 30, 2018
CHEASPEAKE REGIONAL INFORMATION SERVICES FOR OUR PATIENTS (CRISP)
CRISP is Maryland’s Statewide Health Information Exchange (HIE). An HIE is the technology that supports the flow of health information among physician practices, hospital labs, radiology centers, and other health care institutions. HIE allows delivery of the right health information to the right place at the right time, providing safer, more timely, efficient, patient-centered care.
CRISP offers many services to physicians including the following:
- Encounter Notification System (ENS) – Keeping You Connected to Your Patients - CRISP is now offering a service which enables physicians to receive real-time alerts when a patient is hospitalized. The service is offered in partnership with all Maryland hospitals at no cost to ambulatory providers.
- Connect to the CRISP Portal - Connect. Share. Improve Patient Care.
- CRISP Direct Messaging - CRISP DIRECT Messaging is a secure and encrypted email service that supports electronic communication between physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and other healthcare providers.
- Prescription Drug Monitoring Program (PDMP) – The PDMP monitors the prescribing and dispensing of drugs that contain controlled dangerous substances (CDS).
Please contact Colleen George from the Center for the Private Practice of Medicine at 800-492-1056 ext. 3360 for assistance with signing up for any of the FREE CRISP Services for Physicians.
Medicare CCLF Data Available Through CRISP
In support of state-wide Care Redesign initiatives, CRISP is making available the Medicare Claim and Claim Line Feed (CCLF) data to Maryland hospitals. CCLF data contain Medicare fee-for-service beneficiary claims for Maryland residents with a hospitalization within the past three years. The data contains Parts A, B and D claims including demographics, diagnoses, services received and payments. Hospitals that signed up for the first performance period of the HCIP and CCIP Care Redesign Programs will be able to see both summary and patient identifiable data. Those hospitals that did not sign up for the first performance period will still be able to see summary level data, but not identifiable data.
Accessing the CRISP Medicare CCLF Data
Beginning on September 27th, you may access the CRISP Medicare CCLF data through the CRS Portal at https://reports.crisphealth.org. After logging in, you will see a new card named 'Medicare CCLF Data.' Click on this card to open the suite of Medicare CCLF Reports.
CRISP will also be making available a comprehensive Medicare CCLF User Guide. If you have other questions or feedback, do not hesitate to reach out to CRISP at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The latest issue of the CRISP quarterly newsletter e-Health Update has arrived! This resource provides information on current CRISP initiatives as well as other regional health care updates. Each issue shares the status of CRISP's current services and a sneak peek into what's to come.
Click the link to access the e-Health Update Fall 2017 Issue.
*CRS LogOnce Credentialing Training and QA Sessions*
CRISP Reporting Services will be transitioning to a new automated credentialing process in early March, leveraging an application called LogOnce. LogOnce will enable the CRS Point of Contact (CRS POC) to authorize and manage CRS users with minimal input from CRISP staff. LogOnce is a secure web-based application, integrated with CRISP’s Salesforce Customer Relationship Management software. The application will create a more efficient, decentralized process for accessing CRS reports, as well as a better user experience. We are very excited to share this new tool with you.
We will be conducting two group training/ QnA sessions on the following days. Please register for a session that fits with your schedule by clicking the links below. If you have already registered, thank you!
Both sessions will cover the same material and will be recorded. If you would like to delegate the CRS POC role to a different individual within your organization, please let us know and also invite that person to participate in one of the training sessions.
LogOnce Training and QnA Sessions.
As always, if you have any questions or concerns, feel free to send us an email at email@example.com.
*CRS Reporting Delay*
Casemix reports are delayed due to additional data validation needed. The next reports scheduled to be published on Friday, February 23rd will contain CY17 Jan - Sept Final + Oct - Dec Prelim Casemix data.
Additionally, Medicare CCW Total Cost of Care reports are still delayed due to additional data validation needed.
If you have any questions about these updates, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 1-877-952-7477.
CRS Detailed Update
- PAU and Market Shift reports are still delayed due to additional data validation needed.
- The next reports scheduled to be published on Friday, February 9th will contain CY17 Jan-Sept Final + Oct-Dec Prelim Casemix data.
- CCLF – User defined variables are now editable in the Population Navigator grid.
- CCLF Help Section: Roster Quick Guide & hMetrix Advanced Model (hAM) added.
- CCW - Total Cost of Care reports are still delayed due to additional data validation needed
If you have any questions about these updates, please contact us at email@example.com
Click here to return to the Practice Services Webpage