Last Updated: January 10, 2018
CHEASPEAKE REGIONAL INFORMATION SERVICES FOR OUR PATIENTS (CRISP)
CRISP is Maryland’s Statewide Health Information Exchange (HIE). An HIE is the technology that supports the flow of health information among physician practices, hospital labs, radiology centers, and other health care institutions. HIE allows delivery of the right health information to the right place at the right time, providing safer, more timely, efficient, patient-centered care.
CRISP offers many services to physicians including the following:
- Encounter Notification System (ENS) – Keeping You Connected to Your Patients - CRISP is now offering a service which enables physicians to receive real-time alerts when a patient is hospitalized. The service is offered in partnership with all Maryland hospitals at no cost to ambulatory providers.
- Connect to the CRISP Portal - Connect. Share. Improve Patient Care.
- CRISP Direct Messaging - CRISP DIRECT Messaging is a secure and encrypted email service that supports electronic communication between physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and other healthcare providers.
- Prescription Drug Monitoring Program (PDMP) – The PDMP monitors the prescribing and dispensing of drugs that contain controlled dangerous substances (CDS).
Please contact Colleen George from the Center for the Private Practice of Medicine at 800-492-1056 ext. 3360 for assistance with signing up for any of the FREE CRISP Services for Physicians.
Medicare CCLF Data Available Through CRISP
In support of state-wide Care Redesign initiatives, CRISP is making available the Medicare Claim and Claim Line Feed (CCLF) data to Maryland hospitals. CCLF data contain Medicare fee-for-service beneficiary claims for Maryland residents with a hospitalization within the past three years. The data contains Parts A, B and D claims including demographics, diagnoses, services received and payments. Hospitals that signed up for the first performance period of the HCIP and CCIP Care Redesign Programs will be able to see both summary and patient identifiable data. Those hospitals that did not sign up for the first performance period will still be able to see summary level data, but not identifiable data.
Accessing the CRISP Medicare CCLF Data
Beginning on September 27th, you may access the CRISP Medicare CCLF data through the CRS Portal at https://reports.crisphealth.org. After logging in, you will see a new card named 'Medicare CCLF Data.' Click on this card to open the suite of Medicare CCLF Reports.
CRISP will also be making available a comprehensive Medicare CCLF User Guide. If you have other questions or feedback, do not hesitate to reach out to CRISP at email@example.com.
The latest issue of the CRISP quarterly newsletter e-Health Update has arrived! This resource provides information on current CRISP initiatives as well as other regional health care updates. Each issue shares the status of CRISP's current services and a sneak peek into what's to come.
Click the link to access the e-Health Update Fall 2017 Issue.
CRS Detailed Update
- The next reports scheduled to be published on Friday, January 12th will contain CY17 Jan-Sept Final + Oct-Nov Prelim Casemix data.
- PAU and Market Shift reports are delayed this month due to additional data validation needed.
If you have any questions about these updates, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to return to the Practice Services Webpage