This section includes pages with information regarding the Episode Quality Improvement Program (EQIP) and the Medicare Access and Summary CHIP Reauthorization Act of 2015 (MACRA).
EQIP is an episode-based payment program for non-hospital providers designed to:
- Help the State meet the financial targets of TCOC Model
- Include more providers in a value-based payment framework (that is, to have responsibility and share in rewards for reducing Medicare TCOC spending)
- Encourage multi-payer alignment in a value-based payment framework
- Include more episodes than in CMMI models
- Broaden access to Medicare’s 5% Advanced APM (AAPM) MACRA opportunity
Medicare Access and Summary CHIP Reauthorization Act of 2015 (MACRA) is legislation that repealed the Sustainable Growth Rate formula and replaced it with the “Quality Payment Program." This proposed rule requires physicians to participate in either the Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) or the Advanced Alternative Payment Models (APMs).