MedChi as a Care Transformation Organization for the MDPCP:
MedChi is partnering with the Maryland Department of Health to promote and assist with the new Maryland Primary Care Program (MDPCP), which launched January 1, 2019. MedChi has been approved as a physician led Care Transformation Organization (CTO). The role of a CTO is to provide support to practices via care management personnel, infrastructure, and technical assistance. Providers are not required to contract with and receive services from CTOs, though the State expects many providers would benefit from the education and technical assistance tailored to their needs.
The Primary Contact for the MedChi CTO is: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here for the Maryland Primary Care Program (MDPCP) Care Transformation Arrangement
MedChi Informational Videos
- June 3, 2020 - What is the Maryland Primary Care Program
A brief summary of the Maryland Primary Care Program. Learn more about this Advanced payment program approved by CMS. MedChi can help you learn more or sign up.
- May 27, 2020 - Understanding the Maryland Primary Care Program with Andrea Mullin and Gene Ransom
Learn more about the Primary Care Program with Andrea Mullin and Gene Ransom. For more help www.medchi.org.
The State of Maryland has entered into a Total Cost of Care All-Payer Model contract with the Federal Government that is designed to coordinate care for patients across both hospital and non-hospital settings, improve health outcomes, and constrain the growth of health care costs in Maryland. A key element of the model is the development of the Maryland Primary Care Program (MDPCP). The MDPCP is a voluntary program open to all qualifying Maryland primary care providers that provides funding and support for the delivery of advanced primary care throughout the state.
Click here to view the Resources for Medicare Patients Booklet.
This program uses a Diabetes Health Management Program called mySugr.
- It is an app that calculates an ongoing estimated HbA1c
- Patients will receive a program kit which includes:
- One Accu-Chek® Guide blood glucose meter
- One FastClix lancing device
- One box with 102 extra lancets
- Five boxes of test strips (50 count)
- Immediate access to the mySugr application
- Instant and exclusive access to a mySugr Coach
- All of this is free to the patients and to the practice
The goal of TCC is to allow your practice to bill for Transitional Care Management (TCM). Barbie Bagtas, a representative from Caring One, will be calling patients from each practice that have been discharged from the hospital. Barbie will be assisting the patient in scheduling a follow up appointment with your practice. The scheduling will be done with a three-way call between the patient, Barbie, and your office point of contact.
The MedChi CTO is providing our practices with access to Backline, a program created by DrFirst.
What is Backline?
- A secure messaging solution built specifically for healthcare that meets all HIPAA, HiTech Act and Joint Commission requirements, in order to text message with colleagues and patients, without the risk of sending protected health information (PHI) over common, non-secure channels.
- Real-time delivery status indicators and timestamps – including CRISP ENS Alerts.
How do I get involved?
- Email email@example.com to set up an visit for Backline registration, training and workflow assistance.
We have created a Lyft Business healthcare account for all of the practices in our CTO. The uniqueness of this account is the ability to have multiple staff members request rides under one account as well as schedule rides up to 7 days in advance. This is all done through the concierge portal, specific to Lyft Business accounts.
- The CTO decided to partner with Lyft in an effort to reduce the amount of missed appointments due to lack of patient transportation. Creating a Lyft Business account allows you and your staff to set up appointments for riders and track their progress all in real time. The main point of contact (physician) for each practice will be set up as the Admin of the account.
- Your practice MUST provide a credit card for your branch in order to get your Lyft account created. The credit card will be billed per ride requested by your practice. If the CTO account as a whole reaches a $5,000 monthly total, we can choose monthly billing instead.
- To support your practice, the CTO will reimburse practices 25% of your MDPCP patient monthly Lyft bill.
- Andrea has all the details on how to access your individual accounts, so please contact her to get this up and running for your practice at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Practices involved in the MedChi CTO include:
|Don Bousel, MD
||Carol E Ritter MD PA
||Motamedi and Associates Internal Medicine
|Nalin Mathur, MD PA
||Bhawna Bahethi, MD
||Five Star Physician Services, LLC
|Drs. Edwards and Stephens
||Baltimore Healthcare, PC
||Jeffrey D. Gaber & Associates, PA
|Jeffrey E. Atkinson, MD, LLC
||ULNACS Medical Care, PC
||Pansuriya Clinical Corporation
||Daniel R Howard, MD PA
||Mateen A. Awan, MD, LLC
|Downtown Baltimore Family Care
||Shawn Dhillon, MD, PC
||Primary Care Associates of Hagerstown
|Alkesh D Patel, MD, LLC
||Neil E Lattin, M.D., LLC
||Physicians Inpatient Care Specialists at Rehabilitative Services, LLC
MedChi CTO Leadership:
- Rebecca Altmann - Program Manager
- Colleen George - Director
- Daphne Brannon- Care Manager Coordinator
- Andrea Mullin- Administrator
- Cassandra Thomas- RN Care Manager
- Leslie Sherrod- Licensed Clinical Social Worker - Certified
Click here to return to MedChi Practice Services Page.