CRS Product Release Summary -
Quality Financial Impact Dashboard (QFID)
The QFID report now reflects performance under the Rate Year 24 HSCRC quality programs. User can view RY24 revenue impact based on current performance under the MHAC, PAU, and RRIP programs.
The June Final and September Preliminary QBR Mortality summary and case level reports include a % COVID Days calculation at a hospital level. This calculation has been updated to take place before any program exclusions. Additionally, the % COVID Days calculation in the performance year is based on a 12-month rolling period.
QBR Timely Follow-up Reports
The latest QBR Medicare and Medicaid Timely Follow-up summary reports now include an additional tab showing performance in Fiscal Year 2022. This tab will be frozen moving forward and not updated with additional claim run-out. Further, the FY22 Medicare and Medicaid case level files have been published to the archive of the CRS portal.
·2022 Q4 Attribution is available
·2022 Q2 AHU/EDU and TPCC data are available in the respective reports
CHEASPEAKE REGIONAL INFORMATION SERVICES FOR OUR PATIENTS (CRISP)
CRISP is Maryland’s Statewide Health Information Exchange (HIE). An HIE is the technology that supports the flow of health information among physician practices, hospital labs, radiology centers, and other health care institutions. HIE allows delivery of the right health information to the right place at the right time, providing safer, more timely, efficient, patient-centered care.
CRISP offers many services to physicians including the following:
- Encounter Notification System (ENS) – Keeping You Connected to Your Patients - CRISP is now offering a service which enables physicians to receive real-time alerts when a patient is hospitalized. The service is offered in partnership with all Maryland hospitals at no cost to ambulatory providers.
- Connect to the CRISP Portal - Connect. Share. Improve Patient Care.
- CRISP Direct Messaging - CRISP DIRECT Messaging is a secure and encrypted email service that supports electronic communication between physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and other healthcare providers.
- Prescription Drug Monitoring Program (PDMP) – The PDMP monitors the prescribing and dispensing of drugs that contain controlled dangerous substances (CDS).
Please contact Colleen George from the Center for the Private Practice of Medicine at 410-878-9698 for assistance with signing up for any of the FREE CRISP Services for Physicians.
Through the ENS PROMPT application in ULP, CRISP now displays alerts when a patient tests positive or negative for COVID-19 as well as confirmed cases as reported by the Maryland Department of Health (MDH). These alerts are made available to a patient's care team based upon:
- A list of confirmed cases sent to CRISP from the Maryland Department of Health (MDH).
- Positive and negative lab results from LabCorp and Quest lab feeds across the region. These results currently originate from ordering physicians that are CRISP participants with executed lab request forms within our system. We are actively working with LabCorp, Quest and hospital based testing centers to provide more comprehensive results.
*As we receive results from lab feeds that are reported to the Maryland Department of Health, there may be instances of duplicate alerts. This occurrence is expected based upon the reporting workflow established by the State.
How to view COVID-19 alerts within ENS PROMPT:
- Navigate to the “Add Filter” drop down at the top of the screen.
- Select the “Diagnosis Description” category.
- A list of options will appear to the right of the category, select “contains”.
- Type the term “COVID” into the open field.
- Return to the “Add Filter” drop down at the top of the screen.
- Select the “Patient Class” category.
- A list of options will appear to the right of the category, select “equals”.
- Select “O: Outpatient” from the drop down.
- Within the “Custom Filter” field, type the desired name of the custom filter then click “Save”.
- Once you’ve created the filter, alerts for both positive and negative test results as well as confirmed cases will automatically populate.
Steps #1-4 Completed
Steps #5-6 Completed
Additional Information Regarding COVID-19 Alerts in ENS PROMPT:
- Saved custom filters will always be stored for future use within the “Saved Custom Filter” drop down. There is no need to repeat the aforementioned steps.
- Please note, saved filters are not automatically applied the end users notifications. Upon logging in, the user must select and apply the saved custom filters prior to viewing alerts.
Patient Snapshot Update
In the Care Team widget, users will be able to see if a particular patient has been added to the list of confirmed cases sent to CRISP from the MDH. To view, users must navigate to “Care Team” widget and locate the “Organization” column. Within this column, any row that contains the “MDH COVID-19 Outbreak Response” label indicates that the patient is a confirmed COVID-19 case.
Health Records Update
If a user is interested in viewing a patient’s full lab report, it is available through the “Laboratories” section of the Health Records application. Please keep in mind that the lab reports within Health Records are made available to a patient's care team based upon:
- A list of confirmed cases sent to CRISP from the Maryland Department of Health.
- Positive and negative lab results from LabCorp and Quest lab feeds across the region. These results currently originate from ordering physicians that are CRISP participants with executed lab request forms within our system. CRISP is working with LabCorp, Quest and hospital based testing centers to provide more comprehensive results.
For questions or additional information regarding COVID-19 projects at CRISP, please contact Katie Tully
Click here to return to MedChi's Practice Services Page.