Currently, MedChi's Opioid Task Force is working on:
1. Gathering tools to help physicians:
• To recognize risk factors
• To screen for addiction
• With prescribing (guidelines / best practice)
2. Investigating alternative, scientifically-based non-opioid treatments
3. Growing a coalition with entities seeking resolution to the epidemic. Thus far, the task force has established partnerships with Governor Hogan's Opioid Operational Command Center, Maryland Department of Health, Board of Physicians, DrFirst (iPrescribe), Maryland Patient Safety Center, University of Maryland School of Pharmacy, DEA, and American Medical Association.
This webpage is a living repository based on the above activities. We upload information as we receive it. Our objective is to support you by providing relevant, up-to-date material.
Click here for Articles / Research, Current Events, & Special Reports
Click here for Buprenorphine
Click here for Contact Lists
Click here for Events: Upcoming and Past
Click here for Operational Materials
Click here for Opioid Alternatives
Click here for Prescribing Guidelines
Click here for Screening Tools
Click here for Websites
Click here for information on additional opioid-related education activities at MedChi.