Contact MedChi for details at 410-539-0872
To join, please click here or contact your membership team at 410-539-0872. We look forward to welcoming you to MedChi.
Leadership (2020 - 2021)
- Recruitment Chair:
- Legislative Advocacy Chair:
- Recruitment/Social Chair:
- Physician/Student Liaison:
- MedChi HOD Delegate:
- MedChi HOD Alternate Delegate:
- MedChi Alternate Delegate to the AMA:
- Staff: Amalia Rivera-Oven, ext. 3321
STUDENT SECTION (Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/MedChiMSS/)
The purpose of the Medical Student Section of MedChi, the Maryland State Medical Society, is to unite and empower Maryland medical students to, alongside other components of MedChi, effectively advocate for high-quality and accessible healthcare and medical education as part of the Maryland legislative process.
- Build 2-3 high-quality "spotlight" resolutions that can be translated from resolution to House of Delegates meetings to advocacy during the 2019 General Assembly (e.g., discussion during Component Day, secure buy-in during MedChi Legislative Council). Collaborations with other MedChi components, university professors, and other student groups can be a source of high-quality, passionate ideas.
- Rebrand MedChi MSS so that a) what we do is more transparent and intuitive (e.g., rename or rewrite mission); b) we establish a social media presence; c) we recruit more members from various medical schools in Maryland (e.g., active member goals from all universities).
- Establish stronger relationships with MedChi physicians through appropriate mentorship programs and networking events
Student Leadership Structure
President - Elisabeth Fassas (UMD)
House of Delegates Legislative Chair - Kimia Abtahi (UMD)
Education and Empowerment Chair - Prateek Gowda (JHU)
Physician Relations Chair - Zelle Ndika (UMD)
Marketing and Recruiting Chairs - Srikar Adibhatla (UMD) and Matthew Rabinowitz (JHU)
Historian - Kimia Abtahi (UMD)
Social Chair - Elisabeth Fassas (UMD)
Treasurer - Srikar Adibhatla (UMD)
USUHS Rep – currently vacant
WHAT DOES MEDCHI OFFER RESIDENTS AND MEDICAL STUDENTS?
Maryland's Medical Students and Residents receive complimentary membership entitling them to comprehensive benefits.
Additionally, MedChi offers:
- Many opportunities for Medical Student and Resident members to network at MedChi and Local Component Medical Society events with other residents and students, young physicians just starting their practice, and established physicians that can offer the advice learned in their experience.
- Educational programs tailored to the specific needs of both students and residents.
- Special insurance offered through the MedChi Insurance Agency to protect you from a financial crisis from student loan debt, should you lose your ability to work.