MedChi, The Maryland State Medical Society, and its component medical societies deliver extensive resources to members and the public. In addition to comprehensive member benefits MedChi offers tools intended to foster public health by encouraging communication and giving physicians quick access to essential information and products. For details please click on either Member Resources, Patient/Public Resources, or Physician/Practice Resources.
Please note that some resources, including discounts from MedChi’s Vendors, are for members-only.
If you are interested in more information about MedChi membership, please contact the Membership Department at 800-492-1056 firstname.lastname@example.org.
For your convenience call the following staff person for the following questions:
Chip O'Neil ext. 6001
- Attorney Referrals
- Medical Records (access, consent, release, cost, retention & storage)
- Physician Closing a Practice
- Physician (personal issue-impairment, depression, upset)
- Subpoena received (or other timed issue)
- Complaints - inquiring how to file complaint against a licensed or certified health care provider, hospital or other entity
- Complaint about inappropriate behavior
Colleen George ext. 3360
- Prescription Drug Monitoring Program (PDMP)
- Calls Regarding CRISP services, issues, sign up request
- Practice Management (coding, diagnostic coding, ICD, CPT)
- Practice Management (clean claims, general billing insurance procedures or admin, appeals, Medicare, Medicaid)
- Practice Management (HR or other staff issue, personnel problem, Rx pad stolen, scope of practice, physician extenders, Worker's Comp, Expert Witness cost & service, termination of patient from practice)
- Electronic Medical/Health Records, Meaningful Use, Accountable Care Organizations (ACO) § Electronic Medical/Health Records, Meaningful Use, Accountable Care Organizations (ACO)