Last Updated: March 23, 2020
CHEASPEAKE REGIONAL INFORMATION SERVICES FOR OUR PATIENTS (CRISP)
CRISP is Maryland’s Statewide Health Information Exchange (HIE). An HIE is the technology that supports the flow of health information among physician practices, hospital labs, radiology centers, and other health care institutions. HIE allows delivery of the right health information to the right place at the right time, providing safer, more timely, efficient, patient-centered care.
CRISP offers many services to physicians including the following:
- Encounter Notification System (ENS) – Keeping You Connected to Your Patients - CRISP is now offering a service which enables physicians to receive real-time alerts when a patient is hospitalized. The service is offered in partnership with all Maryland hospitals at no cost to ambulatory providers.
- Connect to the CRISP Portal - Connect. Share. Improve Patient Care.
- CRISP Direct Messaging - CRISP DIRECT Messaging is a secure and encrypted email service that supports electronic communication between physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and other healthcare providers.
- Prescription Drug Monitoring Program (PDMP) – The PDMP monitors the prescribing and dispensing of drugs that contain controlled dangerous substances (CDS).
Please contact Colleen George from the Center for the Private Practice of Medicine at 800-492-1056 ext. 3360 for assistance with signing up for any of the FREE CRISP Services for Physicians.
Medicare CCLF Data Available Through CRISP
In support of state-wide Care Redesign initiatives, CRISP is making available the Medicare Claim and Claim Line Feed (CCLF) data to Maryland hospitals. CCLF data contain Medicare fee-for-service beneficiary claims for Maryland residents with a hospitalization within the past three years. The data contains Parts A, B and D claims including demographics, diagnoses, services received and payments. Hospitals that signed up for the first performance period of the HCIP and CCIP Care Redesign Programs will be able to see both summary and patient identifiable data. Those hospitals that did not sign up for the first performance period will still be able to see summary level data, but not identifiable data.
Accessing the CRISP Medicare CCLF Data
Beginning on September 27th, you may access the CRISP Medicare CCLF data through the CRS Portal at https://reports.crisphealth.org. After logging in, you will see a new card named 'Medicare CCLF Data.' Click on this card to open the suite of Medicare CCLF Reports.
CRISP will also be making available a comprehensive Medicare CCLF User Guide. If you have other questions or feedback, do not hesitate to reach out to CRISP at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Through the ENS PROMPT application in ULP, CRISP now displays alerts when a patient tests positive or negative for COVID-19 as well as confirmed cases as reported by the Maryland Department of Health (MDH). These alerts are made available to a patient's care team based upon:
- A list of confirmed cases sent to CRISP from the Maryland Department of Health (MDH).
- Positive and negative lab results from LabCorp and Quest lab feeds across the region. These results currently originate from ordering physicians that are CRISP participants with executed lab request forms within our system. We are actively working with LabCorp, Quest and hospital based testing centers to provide more comprehensive results.
*As we receive results from lab feeds that are reported to the Maryland Department of Health, there may be instances of duplicate alerts. This occurrence is expected based upon the reporting workflow established by the State.
How to view COVID-19 alerts within ENS PROMPT:
- Navigate to the “Add Filter” drop down at the top of the screen.
- Select the “Diagnosis Description” category.
- A list of options will appear to the right of the category, select “contains”.
- Type the term “COVID” into the open field.
- Return to the “Add Filter” drop down at the top of the screen.
- Select the “Patient Class” category.
- A list of options will appear to the right of the category, select “equals”.
- Select “O: Outpatient” from the drop down.
- Within the “Custom Filter” field, type the desired name of the custom filter then click “Save”.
- Once you’ve created the filter, alerts for both positive and negative test results as well as confirmed cases will automatically populate.
Steps #1-4 Completed
Steps #5-6 Completed
Additional Information Regarding COVID-19 Alerts in ENS PROMPT:
- Saved custom filters will always be stored for future use within the “Saved Custom Filter” drop down. There is no need to repeat the aforementioned steps.
- Please note, saved filters are not automatically applied the end users notifications. Upon logging in, the user must select and apply the saved custom filters prior to viewing alerts.
Patient Snapshot Update
In the Care Team widget, users will be able to see if a particular patient has been added to the list of confirmed cases sent to CRISP from the MDH. To view, users must navigate to “Care Team” widget and locate the “Organization” column. Within this column, any row that contains the “MDH COVID-19 Outbreak Response” label indicates that the patient is a confirmed COVID-19 case.
Health Records Update
If a user is interested in viewing a patient’s full lab report, it is available through the “Laboratories” section of the Health Records application. Please keep in mind that the lab reports within Health Records are made available to a patient's care team based upon:
- A list of confirmed cases sent to CRISP from the Maryland Department of Health.
- Positive and negative lab results from LabCorp and Quest lab feeds across the region. These results currently originate from ordering physicians that are CRISP participants with executed lab request forms within our system. CRISP is working with LabCorp, Quest and hospital based testing centers to provide more comprehensive results.
For questions or additional information regarding COVID-19 projects at CRISP, please contact Katie Tully or Lindsey Ferris.
Click here to return to MedChi's Practice Services Page.