Welcome to MedChi's Vendor Resources Program. An important part of MedChi's mission is to serve as a resource for Maryland's physicians. To this end, we strive to connect our members with quality products and services that help improve their professional environment and ultimately benefit their patients.
To Our Members:
We encourage you to explore our vendors and consider their products and services as you research options for your practice and beyond. Please view the menu on the bottom left for a list of our vendors.
Although MedChi cannot endorse any company, we fervently strive to maintain relationships with vendors of only the highest integrity. We hope that you agree, and we welcome your feedback on any vendor with whom you connect.
To Our Vendors:
As the only professional society in Maryland representing all physicians, MedChi is uniquely positioned to provide wide-ranging visibility to our supporters. If you are interested in working with MedChi to provide resources to our members and beyond, please click here to view our 2018 Prospectus, or contact Catherine Johannesen by email or by phone 800.492.1056 ext. 3308.
New! MedChi is pleased to welcome our newest participants in the MedChi Vendor Resources Program! Click on the logos below for more details.
iPrescribe brings in-workflow easy access to the Maryland PDMP data through CRISP to help healthcare providers meet the upcoming mandate with the full power of e-prescribing at their fingertips — with legend drug and controlled substance prescribing, robust medication history data, and at-a-glance clinical alerts — in a simple, mobile-friendly app.
With its user-friendly design, iPrescribe’s robust functionality equips physicians to address the most demanding challenges they face today.
- Over-Prescribing of Opioids - iPrescribe allows physicians to make more informed care decisions with in-workflow access to the patient’s opioid prescription history.
- Time Savings – The prescribing process is three time faster using iPrescribe’s single prescribing workflow for legend drugs and controlled substances with PDMP access.
- Compliance - iPrescribe helps providers easily adapt to and comply with evolving EPCS and PDMP requirements with its intuitive, in-workflow, streamlined process. iPrescribe will also validate with CRISP that you have complied with the Maryland PDMP mandate.
- Patient Medication Non-Adherence - iPrescribe gives providers the ability to see patient-specific drug prices during the visit, and to share that price transparency with patients
Click here to sign up today!
Hello fellow physicians and MedChi members,
Allow me to share a brief introduction… Chesapeake IPA (CIPA) is a Maryland state independent physician network—one of the firsts in the state. Our mission aligns well with that of MedChi—differentiated by a focus on keeping our members independent and thriving amid healthcare reforms from “volume to value.” In addition to my role as Co-Chair of CIPA, a number of MedChi members serve in our leadership as Board members and Medical Directors.
Chesapeake IPA is primary care-led. We work closely with our member practices to deliver better health and better care at a lower cost for the patients served, and hence, they can be rewarded appropriately and financially under today’s value-based payment model. We do so with critical risk and operating support from our MSO (Management Services Organization) partner, Collaborative Health Systems. This includes population health know-how, tools and services to improve quality and efficiency under Medicare and commercial ACO contracts, including those by CareFirst, United, Aetna and Cigna.
Today, Chesapeake IPA’s membership includes more than 170 primary care providers in Maryland. We welcome “like-minded” specialists and acute and post-acute care providers to participate in the IPA and work together to better care for patients in a value-based payment era.
Here are some of the costs and benefits participating member practices can expect:
- Keeping your TIN and independence
- Increased revenue potential with commercial health plans and CMS
- MSO support in payer contracting, care coordination, analytics, technology and risk management
- Introductory (temporary) membership fee of $1
- Flexibility to opt-in/out of IPA-negotiated contracts
- Flexibility to keep and utilize your existing EMR
- Opportunity to become co-owners of IPA
Please feel free to contact me if you are interested in learning more. You may also reach out to our IPA development team, Paul Walker at Paul.Walker@UniversalAmerican.com, mobile (678) 938-9006 or Ashleigh Majdeski at Ashleigh.Majdeski@UniversalAmerican.com, mobile (317) 690-1844.
We welcome you to join us in this value-based journey and look forward to working together.
MD FACP CMD
Co-Chair, Chesapeake IPA