Last Updated: June 22, 2018
Learn more about MedChi's Opioid Task Force and view resources by clicking here.
1. NEW - CRISP Presents: "Understanding the Prescription Drug Monitoring Program (PDMP) Mandate and Where You Fit In" (Click here to view June 20, 2018's webinar)
2. NEW - PDMP Call Center - Help answer general questions about the PDMP at 410-878-9688 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. PDMP Call Center was created in partnership between MedChi, Maryland Department of Health, and CRISP to help prescribers meet the July 1, 2018 state-mandated deadline to use the PDMP. (Call Center is open Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. // Weekends: Please leave a message and a staff member will return your call within two (2) business days // Emails will be returned within two (2) business days.)
3. CRISP - Help with PDMP website, password resets or other technical questions
4. Maryland Department of Heath - Details about PDMP, including Mandate Information, Laws and Regulations, Q&A, and more
5. NEW - PDMP Webinar (CME credit) - Help with actions to take where there are signs of abuse and what to do: PDMP Best Practice and Clinical Use
6. iPrescribe app - Simple, mobile-friendly app that brings in-workflow easy access to the Maryland PDMP data through CRISP to help healthcare providers meet the upcoming mandate with the full power of e-prescribing at their fingertips — with legend drug and controlled substance prescribing, robust medication history data, and at-a-glance clinical alerts.
iPrescribe app helps physicians with:
- Over-Prescribing of Opioids - iPrescribe allows physicians to make more informed care decisions with in-workflow access to the patient’s opioid prescription history.
- Time Savings – The prescribing process is three time faster using iPrescribe’s single prescribing workflow for legend drugs and controlled substances with PDMP access.
- Compliance - iPrescribe helps providers easily adapt to and comply with evolving EPCS and PDMP requirements with its intuitive, in-workflow, streamlined process. iPrescribe will also validate with CRISP that you have complied with the Maryland PDMP mandate.
- Patient Medication Non-Adherence - iPrescribe gives providers the ability to see patient-specific drug prices during the visit, and to share that price transparency with patients.
*Watch press coverage from WBAL discussing iPrescribe by clicking here
7. PDMP Registration Details
8. PDMP Training Video - Released November 2017 (7.5 minutes) - Provides Maryland medical professionals with information on how to use the Prescription Drug Monitoring Program. Maryland law states that all prescribers and pharmacists are required to be enrolled by July 1, 2017. Also, prescribers and pharmacists must use the PDMP by July 1, 2018 whenever prescribing any new course of treatment with opioids or other controlled substances, as well as to check the website at least every 90 days, thereafter, if the course of treatment continues.
9. PDMP Requirements - Program's summary (2-pages)
PDMP Additional Information
1. Prescription Drug Monitoring Program House Bill 437, Chapter 147, Section 8 Contingency Determinations - Response letter by Gene Ransom, III