MEDCHI Staff: Kevin Hayes 410-539-0872 ext. 6001.
Last Updated: March 6, 2018
Annapolis Office: 224 Main Street,
Annapolis, MD 21401
The function of the Council on Legislation shall be to study and to make recommendations regarding policy on state legislation and regulations; to serve as a reference council through which legislative issues are channeled prior to decisions concerning MedChi legislative and regulatory policy; and to recommend changes to MedChi's House of Delegates to order to help achieve MedChi’s goals. There are three sub-committees that meet weekly during the legislative session, each headed by a vice-chair. The sub-committees are: Boards & Commissions, Health Insurance, and Public Health.
2018 MedChi Legislative Council Meetings
All meetings are held on Mondays from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at the MedChi Building in Baltimore, unless indicated below.
In the event of inclement weather, please call 410-539-0872, ext. 3399, for information regarding meeting cancellations.
- Tuesday, January 16, 2018 (Monday is Martin Luther King, Jr. Day) **This is the only Tuesday evening meeting in 2018.**
- Monday, January 22, 2018
- Monday, January 29, 2018
- Monday, February 5, 2018
- Monday, February 12, 2018
- Monday, February 19, 2018
- Monday, February 26, 2018 (There will NOT be a meeting on this date)
- Monday, March 5, 2018 **This is the Only meeting to be held in the Annapolis office.**
Materials for MedChi Legislative Council Meetings
The bills that are featured in the documents below were introduced in the Maryland State Legislature in 2017, then discussed during MedChi Legislative Council meetings. Click to view the Legislative Council Meeting Agenda and Legislative Newsletter.
- All Bills From Legislative Session 2018
- Bills related to MedChi's Boards and Commissions Sub-Committee
- Bills related to MedChi's Health Insurance Sub-Committee
- Bills related to MedChi's Public Health Sub-Committee
- Bills related to MedChi's FYI Folder
Below you will find the current legislative issues of importance to MedChi members. Go to the Legislative Action Center to sign up for up-to-the-minute e-mail alerts, find and contact your legislators, write a letter to the media, or find biographical information on your legislators.